How to Layer Necklaces February 27, 2020 15:58
Layering necklaces is trending and seems to have been for quite some time now. And the trend doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. A reason for the popularity of layering, is the creativity and personal expression of each woman's unique style. It also gives you more opportunities to wear and enjoy all your favorites (and allows you to buy more necklaces you love...ok ok, you didn't hear that here)
So many try to steer clear of layering necklaces for fear of them getting tangled and then the excruciating time of trying to untangle them. Here are some ways to wear several necklaces with less chance of them getting tangled.
1) Wear necklaces at least two inches apart in length
2) Wear different types of chain styles
3) Wear different widths
1) Wear the necklaces a least two inches apart in length. When the necklaces are the same length or almost the same is when they have a greater chance of tangling. Wear a 14 inch choker with a 16 inch and 18 inch giving you a beautiful cascade effect. Don't have many varied lengths in your jewelry box? Just purchase an extender or two and easily change the length of your necklace anytime.
2) Wear different types of chains. Wearing a beaded or rosary style chain mixed with cable or curb style will less likely tangle.
3) Wear different width chains. Combining a dainty chain with a bit thicker style will also help keep them entangling with each other.
When you begin creating your layered look, consider the neckline of your top or dress. Your neckline acts as a frame for your necklaces. Get creative and have fun layering your necklaces to create a look that expresses your unique style.